Who are we?
Cannatrack is the world’s largest cannabis consumption study. With our research partners, we gather data about cannabis usage in legal markets.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from our users in the following ways:
- Public information – If you contact us via our contact form, we may supplement the information you provide with publicly available information from sources such as your company’s website and your social media pages in order to better understand your needs.
We do not collect or store information about our panelists; this information is collected and stored by our research partners.
What type of information is collected from you?
In order to provide information and services related to Cannatrack, we may need to collect, store, and use the following information:
- Name and business contact details (including title, address, email address, and telephone number)
- Company and industry
- Country where you do business
- Date of birth (to verify whether you are of legal purchase age for cannabis in appropriate jurisdictions)
- Payment information in the event of a subscription to Cannatrack
We do not usually collect sensitive data about our subscribers or those interested in our services outside of payment information. We do not collect or store personal information about our panelists; this information is collected and stored by our research partners.
How and why is your information used?
Your information is used for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information or services that you requested.
- To process Cannatrack subscription orders.
- To carry out any contractual obligations between us and our subscribers.
- To keep a record of our relationships with our subscribers and those inquiring about our services.
- To conduct analysis and market research in order to improve our services.
- To notify our subscribers about changes to our services, including new and upcoming products.
How long is your information stored?
We keep your information no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. This is determined by operational and legal considerations, including tax and accounting purposes. If you subscribe to Cannatrack, your information will be kept at least as long as your subscription lasts.
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell any information to third parties or share information with third parties for marketing purposes. We may disclose information to third parties in order to fulfill our contractual obligations. Third parties may include our dashboard developers and our research partners. If you have any concerns about our work with third parties, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
In order to process your personal information, international data protection laws require us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to proceed:
- Contractual obligations – when we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations within a contract, such as providing Cannatrack services.
- Legal obligations – where necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, such as a court order.
- Legitimate interests – We may process your information in situations where we feel that additional information about our services may benefit you, such as new product offerings in your jurisdiction, tips for how best to use our services, or conducting research in order to improve the relevance of our services. We will not do this without prior explicit consent.
We may contact you via email for with marketing communications if you have given us prior consent to do so. If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR affords EU citizens a number of rights related to their personal data. We extend these rights to anyone who provides us with their personal information, regardless of their location.
- Right to information – allows you to ask us how and why your data is processed, used, or shared.
- Right of access – allows you to gain access to the personal data we have collected from you.
- Right to rectification – allows you to ask for us to correct the personal information we have about you, if it is out of date or inaccurate.
- Right to withdraw consent – allows you to withdraw previously-given consent for us to process your data.
- Right to object – allows you to object to the processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
- Right to object to automated processing – allows you to request that your data be processed manually instead of by an automated process.
- Right to be forgotten – allows you to request that we delete all of your personal data that we hold.
- Right for data portability – allows you to request that we transfer your personal data to another data controller in a machine-readable electronic format.
Security of Information
We take appropriate steps to ensure that your information is secure. Data on Cannatrack subscribers and inquiries is stored on secure servers in North America. Non-sensitive details such as your email address are transmitted normally over the Internet, which will never be completely secure. Anything transmitted to or from us via the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as such, any Internet communications are done at your own risk. We ask that you not share any sensitive payment information with us over the Internet, or share your Cannatrack password with anyone.
Accuracy and Recency of Information
We do our best to keep your information up to date and ensure that it’s accurate. We request that you let us know if any information, such as the appropriate contact for your company, has changed since our initial contact.
Links to Other Websites
We ask for all Cannatrack subscribers and those making inquiries about Cannatrack to certify that they are above cannabis purchase age when they do business in a country where recreational cannabis is legal. In areas where recreational cannabis is illegal but medical cannabis is legal, we ensure that we only deal with individuals above the age of majority in their country of residence.
Transferring Your Information
All personal information related to Cannatrack is stored on secure servers in North America. By providing us with personal information, you are consenting to the transfer, storage, and processing of that information. We will take the utmost caution in ensuring that your data is secure at all times.
Changes to This Policy
This policy may occasionally change as a result of changes in Cannatrack’s products and services, legal obligations in jurisdictions where Cannatrack operates, or other changes related to Cannatrack’s products and services. All changes will be reflected on this page, so please continue to review this page on a regular basis to ensure that you are happy with the current policy.
Review of This Policy
We review this policy regularly. The current version of the policy was updated in September 2019.